14 February 2008

Promises

It was a beautiful Sunday of winter, when John decided to relax after a heavy workdays. Mary his wife invited him to go for Sunday Mass. John Said, No ‘I am not coming, I am so tried.’ Instead John planned to go for a drive towards the hill valley. He also called his few friends to join him but none of them knew the exact way to hills. John’s main aim of the trip was to avoid his wife and the Sunday mass. As the car went on they enjoyed the journey with beer and music. They paid little attention to the directions and nobody looked for any sign boards. The car went so fast per hours until it stopped in the middle of a forest. ‘What has happened? Why did you stop the car?’ asked John’s friends. Oh God! ‘The petrol is over; I have forgotten to fill the tank,’ replied John. Dammit! ‘Why didn’t you fill the petrol tank? We are in the middle of a forest. And it is already getting so late, this is a strange place with lots of wild animals, so soon we have to get out of this dangerous place.’ Shouted his friends! But John was not ready to leave his car in the forest. He said ‘Have patients we shall do something’. But his friends did not listen to him; they left him in the forest and ran away.

Now John was alone in the middle of the forest he realized his mistake of being so careless and rejecting Mary’s invitation to go for the Mass. He promised Jesus, ‘Lord if you save me from this wild forest, hereafter I shall lead a good life.’ Surely he was saved but later he did not care about his promises.

Many times such incidents happened in my life, when I have failed to hear the voice of Jesus; and followed my own selfish desires and fall in difficulties. And when I am in difficulty I called for Jesus and made great promises. And once I am out of such situation I often failed to fulfil my promises.

Posted by Sinto Varghese

2 comments:

  1. അനിദിനജീവിതത്തില്‍ ദൈവത്തോടൊപ്പമുള്ള പിച്ചവയ്ക്കലിന്റെ ഇടര്‍ച്ചകള്‍. നന്ദി സിന്റൊ, ലളിതമായി ഇവ ഒര്‍മ്മിപ്പിക്കുന്നതിന്

    ReplyDelete
  2. പാലം കടക്കുമ്പോള്‍ നാരായണ നാരായണ, അതിനുശേഷം കൂരായണ കൂരായണ എന്ന പ്രമാണം ഓര്‍മ്മിപ്പിച്ചു ഈ പോസ്റ്റ്. പക്ഷേ നല്ല ഇടയന്‍ അങ്ങനെ പിന്തിരിയാതെ വീണ്ടും നമ്മുടെ പിന്നാലെതന്നെയില്ലേ?

    ReplyDelete